Tuesday 23 February 2010

7th Painting




This painting took about 11 minutes, so much for being strict, but it's amazing what you can achieve in 60 seconds.
Don't know that I am actually achieving very much at the moment but I think working quickly is having an affect on my other work. Struggling a little with images, I've decided to go around the department just capturing 'snapshot' images of people. Also had a few volunteers to model live for me for 10 minutes. Exciting and daunting.
Working with the writing group (there's only 7 of us) today to put together another edition of our little monthly magazine. Regularly discussing the George Orwell essay 'Politics and the English language' written in 1946, where he writes about making every word count. Constantly wondering how to achieve the same in painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment