Friday 7 May 2010

41st Painting



I haven't done the beautiful Eva Green any favours in this painted-upside-down entry. The photographic image I used was from the Independent Traveller and she looked stunning with the blue and the red adding loads of interest. Actors appear to spend their lives struggling to stay in work/stay slim/stay beautiful...
Although each painting is taking a bit longer than I would like I'm still completing them in about 30 minutes. Each painting is roughly 29cms x 42cms, although there's nothing too rough about those measurements!
A fellow student Alice, has just given me an article about Avigdor Arikha a Romanian-born Israeli figurative painter who also paints quickly although his deadline is one day, EASY! Unfortunately he has just died at the age of 81 otherwise it would have been good to talk to him about his working practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment