Monday 11 November 2013

This group of images show the last few layers which I added to complete the painting. I'll post the image of the finished painting again to show it in its complexities. This painting is 180cms x 100cms and I've titled it 'Conditions of a less than settled everyday life', a phrase used by Anthony Vidler in his book Warped Space: Art, Architecture and Anxiety in Modern Culture, a book I used as a starting point for my MFA dissertation completed in 2012.
Over the last few months I've been looking for a way forward in my work which would explore the themes I researched in the dissertation and 'Conditions...' is an initial finished painting bringing together, figuration, architecture and a sense of anxiety or something uncomfortable in the collective context of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment